Inhalt des Dokuments
Technical University Berlin
Hermann Rietschel Institute
Department of Building Energy Systems
Institute for Energy Technology
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Kriegel
Contact details of the data protection office
Official data protection officer is by post at the
Technical University Berlin
Official data protection officer of the Technical University Berlin
Street of June 17th 135
as well as by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Scope and purpose of processing personal data
Call up the website
The general instructions of the Technical University of Berlin apply
Extent of the stored data
In our recruitment system, the data that the participants
voluntarily provide when registering is stored and used for selection
for certain scientific studies.
The data are:
- E-Mail address
Further following data is collected:
- Year of Birth
- number of cigarettes consumed
- medication taken
- health impairments
The data recorded in our system are used only for the organization of scientific experiments. This data will not be disclosed to third parties. We use the data for the following purposes:
- to make specific appointments with participants
- Prepare trial dates
A participant can send an informal written request for deletion by email to the administrator of these pages.
- Possible connections with the personal characteristics from (B), for example "15% of men found the climate uncomfortable but only 7% of women".
- The personal characteristics from B are not saved together with the personal characteristics from A.
- The personal characteristics from B are encrypted
- In the event of a positive corona test by a participant or a contact person at the Hermann Rietschel Institute, we will inform all participants on the basis of the contacts you have provided. Your data will not be passed on to third parties, the information is anonymous.
During the investigations, questionnaires are filled out by the
participants. This data is scientifically evaluated by the institute
that carries out the investigations. A code from the personal data
from B is used so that a specific personal reference is impossible. In
this sense, participation in the experiments is anonymous.
The recorded, anonymized data is used for the creation of scientific research and lectures. This work will be published. No conclusions can be drawn about specific participants.
Your rights as a data subject
Insofar as your personal data are processed when you visit our website, you as the “data subject” have the following rights within the meaning of the GDPR:
You can request information from us as to whether we process your personal data. There is no right to information if the provision of the requested information violates the confidentiality obligation pursuant to § 83 StBerG or the information must be kept secret for other reasons, in particular because of an overriding legitimate interest of a third party. Deviating from this, there may be an obligation to provide information if your interests outweigh the interests of confidentiality, especially taking into account impending damage. The right to information is also excluded if the data is only stored because it cannot be deleted due to statutory or statutory retention periods or only serves the purpose of data backup or data protection control, provided that providing information would require a disproportionate effort and processing for other purposes is excluded by suitable technical and organizational measures.
- If the right to information is not
excluded in your case and your personal data is processed by us, you
can request information from us about the following
purposes of processing,
- Categories of personal data processed by you (see Extent of the stored data)
- Recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data are disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries,
- If possible, the planned duration for which your personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining the storage period (see also Deletion)
- the existence of a right to correction or deletion or restriction of the processing of your personal data or a right to object to this processing,
- the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority,
- if the personal data has not been collected from you as the data subject, the available information about the origin of the data,
- the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the scope and intended effects of automated decision-making,
- in the case of transmission to recipients in third countries, unless there is a decision by the EU Commission on the appropriateness of the level of protection according to Art. 45 Para. 3 GDPR, information about which suitable guarantees according to. Art. 46 Para. 2 GDPR are provided to protect personal data.
Correction and completion
If you find that we have incorrect personal data about you, you can request that we correct this incorrect data immediately. If your personal data is incomplete, you can request completion.
Deletion of your data
You have a right of deletion ("right to be forgotten") unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression, the right to information or to fulfill a legal obligation or to perform a task that is in the public interest and one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were processed.
- The basis of justification for the processing was exclusively your consent, which you have revoked.
have objected to the processing of your personal data that we have
You have objected to the processing of personal data not made public by us and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing.
Your personal data has been processed unlawfully.
The deletion of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject.
There is no
entitlement to deletion if the deletion in the case of lawful
non-automated data processing is not possible or only with
disproportionately high effort due to the special type of storage and
your interest in the deletion is low. In this case, the deletion is
replaced by the restriction of processing.
You can request the deletion of your data from the subject portal with the administrator of the portal (currently Maximilian Friebe) by sending an informal email to email@example.com.