Inhalt des Dokuments
- © HRI
- heute (2015)
- © HRI
The planning of the institutional building, which was built in 1965, began around 1960 under the responsibility of the architect Peter Poelzig. On a floor area of about 1800 m² besides office, seminar and meeting rooms there is a lecture hall for 120 persons as well as an experimental hall with a height of 8 m, which can be further subdivided. Because of the well thought architecture in the building the experimental hall is protected from the influence of the weather effects.
In course of the new building the institute, which was called “Prüfungsstation für Heizungs- und Lüftungseinrichtungen” (“test station for heating and ventilation equipment”) was named Hermann-Rietschel-Institute in remembrance of the first chair holder.
In 2015 extensive construction work was done at the Hermann-Rietschel-Institute. Besides the renovation and a renewal of the electrics and the air conditioning the building was performed barrier-free.